Sign up to recieve your copy of Basic Lifestyle and Nutrition Guide for Women over 40!
About BearPal Nutrition
So, here is a little about me and my history. This way you can understand what you get with me. I got into nutritional coaching after following a flexible dieting/macro counting approach under another system for almost 18 months. I had great success and people began asking me, “How are you doing this? How can I do this?” I have a bachelors and masters in science and technology and I could not answer them satisfactorily. I needed to know the ‘why’ and ‘how’ – the science and the application!
The program I was on did not provide me with any education beyond basic macro counting and some mindset optimization. After being on the same macro prescription for almost 6 months, my progress began to stall. This left me frustrated with the process. After listening to podcasts and doing my own research, I found the Nutritional Coaching Institute, where I sought out education, community, and certification. I knew I needed to pay it forward and start helping others.
I currently hold NCI Level 1, NCI Level 2, and Precision Nutrition Level 1. I completed a 12-week mentorship focusing on hormones and I am beginning a year-long functional health mentorship in January 2020. I also have NCI specialty certs in Mindset, Hormones and Gut Health.
For my ladies, I’m in my 50’s and post-menopausal, so I have been where you are – or where you are heading – and I know how difficult it can be balancing your physical and health goals with work, family, and other stressors. My perspective gives me a unique ability to relate to the gals moving through life’s stages. I’ve been there and done that – school, career, kids, etc.
I’ve been Crossfitting since 2009 and I have my Level 1, Olympic Weightlifting, and Gymnastics certifications. I understand the need for proper fueling and recovery for performance-based activities or how to get you moving if you are not currently.
I am a nutritional coach and not a Registered Dietitian, so I cannot give you detailed food plans. And why would you want something so restrictive?! I am trained to recognize any conditions upon where you may need to be referred to the appropriate professional assistance. I network with other coaches within the iN3/NCI community, so I can utilize their knowledge, skills, and abilities to help us work through any special circumstances we may encounter. I’m always seeking more knowledge to help me be a better coach and human. I want to learn from you as a client as well.
My goal is to educate you on the process, so you can ultimately take charge of your health and well-being and meet your performance, aesthetic, or longevity goals. My program pillars include Nutrition, Lifestyle, Mindset, and Accountability. It isn’t always just about the food!
BearPAL Nutrition and Menopause Macros Specializes in:
- I’m in my 50’s and menopausal, so if you are a female, I have been where you are, or where you are heading. I know how difficult it can be balancing your physical and health goals with work, family, and other demands. My perspective gives me a unique ability to relate to the gals moving through life’s stages. I have struggled with hypothyroidism for the last 9 years. If you have been diagnosed with any autoimmune issue, just know there is hope when things can get complicated in midlife. Proper nutrition, movement, stress reduction, sleep, and functional medicine have changed my life.
- I have been a CrossFitter for 10+ years. I have gone through the competitive bug, the burnout, and now I just enjoy it in a balanced way. We can work to get you stronger, be a firebreather, or just look better naked. CrossFit not your thing? No worries. We can work with your physical capabilities and preferences.
- Whether you are concerned with performance, aesthetics or longevity (PAL in BearPAL), a flexible, macro-based approach can help you meet your goal. It is not jut about the food - we will work on stress, sleep, habits, hormones, mindset and other factors that help you reach your goals. If you have never heard of macros, we will start there and progress as you are comfortable with the process. Macro counting isn't for everyone, so we offer other options.
About BearPAL Nutrition
What sets our coaching apart from a template program is the focus on education and communication. Whether familiar with counting macros or not, we will start with your current comfort level and provide educational opportunities tailored to you. We want you to learn from the process. We want you to know why you are doing what you are doing. You will have access through text and email. We will have a periodic review of your progress depending on your coaching level where we look at your food intake, biofeedback, and measurements, and then we discuss any adjustments necessary to help you crush your goals.
This is ultimately your journey, and I am here to help you along the way!
- Nutrition Seminars - we come to your group or gym and talk about the basics to the complicated as you like. Free!
- Publications - need basic nutrition information to provide to your clients at your gym or studio? We will customize a document to your preferences with your brand and logo. Free!
- Challenges - if you are not sure if you want to work one on one with a coach, but are curious about flexible dieting, start here. I will periodically post them here and social media. Right now, we are just doing a free challlenge to help you get through the COVID-19. Check out the free Corona Crew Challenge.
- Educational Programs - Food Camp Basics is available for free for a limited times. Check out the free Nutrition Basics & Healthy Habits guide too.
- Group Coaching - if you know macros or hand portioning and just need some accountability and adjustments, this option provides a dedicated Facebook Group, periodic check ins, customized macros and adjustments, and 12-weeks of educational content. Group Coaching available here.
- 1:1 Coaching - our most 'hands on' experience. You get the same as group coaching, but with phone check ins every 7-12 days with deeper dive into you goals and metrics. Apply here.
- Couples Coaching - it is easier with your partner! Same as 1:1 coaching and you can check in with your partner or separately. Each person gets their own attention, but you are better able to help each other be accountable.